As I continue to test where I am going in life and what I want accomplish. I find myself looking towards being self-employed. Although working for a corporation has its benefits I feel the need to venture out on my own.
I recently started reading Napoleon Hill’s “Think and Grow Rich”. It helped me understand how to work towards a goal. In the past I have always been one to wait for something to happen and never believed in myself enough to take that next step. Now is the time. I don’t need to grow rich but I do like the way that he thought about positive thinking and working for your dreams. One of the things that has always bothered me about the Law of Attraction, although a great concept, is that sometimes it implies that if you want something bad enough and think positive it will just come to you. Hill states plainly that you have to be willing to work for what you want. “what are you willing to do to earn that money?” is one of his questions. It made me think, “what am I willing to do to be a life coach and own my business?”
Taking the next step involved exploring education possibilities. I don’t care to go back to college but I did find a life coach certification that is reasonable and teaches me what I need to know about how to work with clients. Learning is something that I will always continue to do for as long as I am able. That’s what attracts me to life coaching. I can learn about other people as well as “how things work” and grow myself as well as others.
You can gather all the information that you want but if you don’t use it, it won’t matter if you have it or not. My plan is to do something everyday (specifically planned out ahead of time) to work towards my business. This gives me a sense of accomplishment as well as one more step taken.
What does all this have to do with minimalism? I have longed to separate myself from the typical corporate politics and be able to make my own decisions instead of being trapped by policy. I believe by being able to pick the people who I interact with I can reduce the chaos in my life and have more peace. It’s all in the plan of having less AstroTurf and more meadow in my life. Here I go…
- Some Thoughts on the Law of Attraction (senseoutofchaos.wordpress.com)
- Certified life coach – More than anything training and experience (peterpamelarose.wordpress.com)
- How Life Coaching Helps (keystochangelifecoaching.com)
- You are Whole, Not Broken (befitwithkristen.com)
- Abilene woman answers calling to become a life coach (reporternews.com)
- Coaching is Not Therapy, Counseling, Mentoring or Training. (worldwidecoachingmagazine.com)
- Jack Canfield Talks About Law of Attraction (emotionalwellbeingblog.com)
- Bob Proctor (infosale.wordpress.com)